I spoke with Steven today and we will not have youth this Sunday due to several kids and Steven being gone to Assembly.
There are also spots available for sign up for snack suppers. Go to http://www.volunteerspot.com and sign in to view the calendar. If you have not signed in before let me know and I will send you an invitation.
Have a great weekend!
This is my last UMY Update and I just wanted to say how much Emily and I have enjoyed ministering alongside you and your youth. Thank you all again for a wonderful party Sunday night. Emily and I felt truly blessed and overwhelmed. We pray God’s many blessings on all of you and look forward to hearing about the wonderful ministry of the youth and adults at NLRFUMC.
Here are some things to be aware of…
- Steven Carr is the new youth minister appointed to NLRFUMC. He will begin Monday, July 2. Please make every effort to welcome him and his family. I truly believe he is a great fit for our youth ministry and will do a fantastic job leading our youth ministry to the next level. Introduce yourself to him and be sure to offer as much patience and grace as possible. It’s never easy starting a new church and can be very overwhelming.
- UMY Fellowship Lunches – Thursday our Jr. High students will be eating at Moe’s Southwest Grill in Lakewood Village. We’ll meet at 11:30 and end at 1:00. Friday our Sr. High students will continue their worldwide-eating tour at Chang Thai Cuisine on Hwy 107 in Sherwood. We’ll meet at 11:30 and end at 1:00.
- We WILL have UMY this Sunday evening at 5:00. Our UMY Council will be leading. We will NOT have Brother Paul’s on Wednesday, July 4.
- Today is the last day to register for ACCYM Assembly! Make sure you have registered at www.arumc.org. If you’ve only RSVP’d on the church website you are not fully registered.
Just a reminder that Choir Tour is tonight at FUMC in Little Rock. The service begins at 7:00 pm and our very own CJ Stigall will be participating. I encourage all of you and your youth to be in attendance. I’ll be there and I hope you will too!
I also want to thank all of you for a fantastic evening last night! It was great to see everyone and Emily and I were overwhelmed with the thought and love that was put into the evening. We are completely overwhelmed by your love and support. We’ll never forget our friends at NLRFUMC!
Grace and Peace,
I pray that everyone is enjoying their time out of school, family vacations, and sleeping late (sorry parents). Here are some upcoming things you need to be aware of…
THIS WEEKS UMY FELLOWSHIP LUNCHES WILL BE AT…
(Jr. High) Arby’s on JFK in North Little Rock by Tropical Smoothie.
(Sr. High) Mexico Chiquito on Camp Robinson Rd in North Little Rock.
Meet at restaurant from 11:30-1:30. Bring your own money and a friend. Please pick up by 1:30. You don’t have to stay the whole time. Come and go as needed.
- This month I’d like to have lunch with Jr. High Students on Thursdays and High School Students on Fridays from 11:30-1:30. If your students are interested, please go to our website at nlrfumc.org and vote on where you’d like to eat. Students will vote and we’ll announce the winner in the UMY Update every Wednesday. Please have students arrive at the restaurant with their own money. Parents/Adults are invited and encouraged to attend. Hopefully this will provide an opportunity for our youth to connect in a meaningful way each week. VOTE NOW!
- Brother Paul’s on Wednesdays from 9:00-1:00. Our discipleship team has worked hard on planning devotionals for our mealtime after serving. I encourage all youth and adults to attend. We’ll return to FUMC at noon to eat and end at 1:00.
- Tonight the youth group from Ft Smith will be going to Movies in the Park at the Riverfront Amphitheater. They will be arriving at 7:00 and the movie should begin around dusk (8:00-ish). They’ve invited our group to join them out there. The movie is completely free! If you want to join them, please be there at 7:00. I will not be able to be there so this will be great for a parent/youth outing.
- Monday, June 25, Our Arkansas Conference Youth Choir Tour will be performing at Little Rock FUMC. Our very own CJ Stigall is one of the performers. Let’s all go out and support her! The service will begin at 7:00. I invite all of you out to support CJ and our state youth choir. I hope to see you there!
Hello everyone,I wanted to give you all an update concerning a few changes to our Wednesday activities tomorrow. Unfortunately, Brother Paul’s will not be serving lunch tomorrow so we are no longer needed at Friendly Chapel in the morning. We did however coordinate with the Ft Smith group to take a group of students to a berry farm outside of Conway to benefit the Arkansas Rice Depot. We will still leave the church at the same time in the morning (9:00) and return to the church at noon to eat lunch, share a devotional, and end our time at 1:00. As far as I know, Jessie still needs help with VBS decorations in the youth pod from 1-3 (Jessie, reply all if that isn’t correct). Be sure to wear close-toed shoes if you can and comfortable clothes tomorrow. Also consider bringing a hat and lots of sunscreen.
It was also suggested by a couple youth parents that instead of watching a movie in the fellowship hall tomorrow night, we instead go to Movies in the Park at the Rivermarket. Ft Smith has decided to do this instead of the movie in the fellowship hall so if you and your student are interested in going, you’ll have to find the group when you get there. The website suggests getting there when the gates open (6:30) but the movie won’t start till dusk (8:00-ish). You can also bring a cooler (no glass) and blanket. Movies in the Park is completely free!
I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Grace and Peace,